Creating Care vision
Creating Care aims to invest in the training and support of professionals and foster care families, as well as to address the shortcomings in terms of support offered to foster families after the fostering process, and thus, contribute to the process of deinstitutionalization.
We also aim to build tailor-made training for professionals to improve recruitment skills as well as to raise awareness of the necessity of fostering unaccompanied children and to fill a gap in terms of support for the families after the fostering process is complete.
- Analyze the needs of the professionals within the foster care system, train them and improve their recruitment and communication skills with foster and potential foster families .
- Profile the foster care families at a national level to identify and understand their characteristics, experiences, concerns and needs.
- Provide a practical tool for the professionals to engage all families and raise awareness in the community towards the need for foster carers and deinstitutionalization.
- Train and enable professionals to demystify prejudice-based beliefs and stereotypes around foster care families and unaccompanied children.
- Train professionals to raise awareness of foster and potential foster families during the recruitment process to the issue of the unaccompanied children in Europe and their highlighted vulnerability .